Tuesday, August 16, 2011

16 Week Doctor's Appointment

So, we are 16 weeks already. I cannot believe how time is flying.

This week I started to feel light flutters from the baby, the first kicks!

I did part 2 of the IPS testing today. We didn't do this testing with Ethan, but we really wanted the 12 week ultrasound. Part 2 was just blood work. This screening test combines measurements from a nuchal translucency ultrasound and two blood tests to estimate the chances of a developing baby having Down syndrome.

The IPS takes into account the measurement of the ultrasound and the level of the proteins and other substances measured in the blood tests. It then adjusts for the woman’s age and gives a numerical estimate of the chance of Down syndrome, such as 1/2000 or 1/8.

After the blood work I had my monthly visit with our doctor. They measured my belly and I got to hear the heartbeat again, this time it was 150 beats per minute... Ethan as always 160, wonder if this means it's a girl? We'll find out August 25!

Lots of Love,
Tiffany, Jonathan, Ethan and baby #2

No comments: